Do you eat cranberries on the regular? These little gems are full of antioxidants and also help with anti-inflammatory. The root of most disease is inflammation, so the more anti-inflammatory foods you can eat the better. Do you have inflammation, pain, swelling?
Fun facts about cranberries-
1. One of the few native fruits in North America
2. Five states most cranberries are grown- Massachusetts, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Oregon, and Washington.
3. October- December are the peak for cranberries.
4. 90% water, a great source for dehydration when working out! If you fix yourself a baggie of berries, grapes, mellons, oranges will all hydrate and replace electrolytes better than any sports drink.
5. Cranberries help prevent urinary tract infection, reduce cardiovascular disease, and slow tumor growth... The indians would use cranberries as medicine because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory elements.
6. One cup of cranberries are about 50 calories.
7. Cranberries are not on the dirty dozen list, but if you can buy them organic. Also, buying them or any produce frozen has better nutritional value. Most "fresh" produce in stores are picked early and do not have full nutritional value. Frozen produce is picked to full ripeness and after being picked, almost immediately frozen locks in the nutrition for better health!
8. Try adding cranberries to your salad or morning oatmeal!
If you want to know more about nutrition, phytonutrition, anti-inflammatories, anti-oxidants... Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 210.843.4130.
Love all of you and Live to the Plus!